February 5 - Harmony of the World


The Overtone Series, plus


Bass Clef Inversions Board Melody work with the Theoreticians,


on the still-rather-chilly 35th day of spring,


high again 52 (51 in Pleasant Hill),


snow on Twin Sisters


and,


farther


south,


Contra


Costa's


Mt. Diablo. 


Upon


return


up


scenic 680


and


80 -- think it auspicious, given the recent health bout, to edit page 46 new-edition Mice and Men, Op. 45: Act IV, finish

The Decameron, Op. 289
100 Novels for Voices and Instruments, after the work (1353) of Giovanni Boccaccio (1313-1375)
Tenth Day / Novel VIII
Sophronia, albeit she deems herself wife to Gisippus, is wife to Titus Quintius Fulvus

and

Broke Dance Suite, Op. 290
IVb6. Bergamasque Mask (Rustic) - Gabriel Faure, Arnold Schoenberg

plus begin


BOOK OF REVELATION, Op. 296
Opera-Oratorio after John of Patmos (AD 6-100)


with


CHAPTER I - I AM THE ALPHA (Exotic, Dotted Quarter = 120, 6/8)

Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Tuba
John, Great Voice
Harp, Vibraphone, Marimba, Arco Strings

Sources
    Primary
         Arnold Schoenberg (1974-1951) - A Survivor from Warsaw (1947)
    Secondary
         John Stainer (1804-1901) - I Am the Alpha (1878)
         Vladimir Rebikov (1866-1920) - Alpha and Omega (1911)

"I am the Alpha
and the Omega
I am the first and
I am the last, so
Write what you see
down in a book"
Fell at his feet as
dead
"Fear not.
I am the first and
I am the last I
am he that liveth
and was dead and
I am alive for
ever
I have the keys of
death
Write what you see
down in a book,
Things which are,
Things which shall be
Hence here-
after."

... respectively 31, 11, and 4 pages total...